Midsouth Mopars

Dedicated to Promoting, Preserving, and Racing the Chrysler Name

Is there going to be a car show this year?

I have had my car in three shows already this year because I swear it is impossable to get a respose out of you men on this site. I am a member you know, you might not know me & yeah Iam a girl but I am a member for the say reason that you all are and that is to show my baby's and brag. But I haven't even been tring lately because I get no respose from anybody. Is this men only or will you all give a poor little lady a chance. For heaven sakes its not like iam hiding some rare 71 hemi cuda and your eyes will melt when you see it. I just have some fun cars that I LOVE!!!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

No no gender bias goin on at all, What can I do for ya?

Unfortunately the membership has decided that a big show is too much trouble to put on.....I disagree but I don't form a majority.....

You do know about the Mopar show on June 28th in Millington right?

I am having a small show, shine, and small repair gig in the church parking lot across from my house July 12th 1 pm till, the 13th if it rains. 438 S Highland I will do small repairs for free.

Rick
My wife Paula and I are fairly new to this....but have always appreciated great cars of our past. Especially Mopars! We don't wanna start any trouble, but lets face it......Is there a problem with this group or what? We have owned our 'cuda for 4 years now and I don't think we have ever seen anything even resembling an organized event by this group. What gives?

You know there is something going when you show up to a car show in the area with a few Mopars coming in caravan style and the promoters come running out thanking us for bringing the Mopars! Surely not all of you are musuem piece 100 point owners are you?

Forgive us guys....and ladies.....but maybe someone needs to rattle some cages around here or start something new with some fresh blood! I guess its on your side of the court .....Let us know what you decide!!
Come to the meetings and start shaking/rattling, you're more than welcome....This club is NOT just me, it requires participation from the members....You want an event to happen, make it happen.....organize it and tell us about it....As long as the same old people keep coming to the meetings it appears it's never gonna change....So get off your butt and come to the meetings armed with ideas and prepared to participate, you're more than welcome to....
Rick
Hey Rick....New here and still feeling my way around on this site....where and when are these meetings? How do we stay abreast of whats going on?
Meeting is 1st Tues of the Month, July 1st @ the Perkins Restaurant @ 1340 S. Germantown Rd.

The club website is www.midsouthmopars.com
holy cow I can't beleive I got someone to write me back. There is hope after all. I was just poking fun with everybody so I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. Anyways back to the discussion, i don't come to the meetings because I live over 65 miles away and with gas I am glad we have this site to chat, it is my only connection for now. Thanks for the info on the car shows I will attend and hopefully get to put some faces togather with there great rides. See you all soon.
Way to go girl.....I smell fire!
Yes...Actually thats the event I was poking fun at.....Throughout the entire show they thanked the few Mopars that did show. The funny thing was....thats the most Mopars I have seen at a local show so far this year. I don't know about you but, I am getting tired of seeing all these damn Camaros and Mustangs of every model and color under the sun dominating these local shows.....I know there are a bunch of old Mopars runnin' around town that people would like to see. If we organize and look like we are organized....we can and will show strong for Ma Mopar!!
My problem w/ car shows in general is most of them are run backwards. Don't charge the car owners, charge the spectators. Only the Italian car show does this. I'll be glad to goto all the free car shows !

Rick
Well,I feel like all will be just fine. We are just a little itchy to show off our babies. Rick I give you a pat on the back, because I remember how the club was before you step up as pres. and I think thier has been a real jump forward. This site I think will make the club grow. Hat's off to you.
When was it ever said that Mopar owners were sheep?
Who says our club can't be a trend setter?
I have been listening to car show enthusiasts for many years say that it is done backwards!......and who does anything about it?
Personally, I am not a big fan of buying my trophy at each event we go to! I recommend that we as a club do benefit shows for a worthy cause.....ask a $1 donation per person and $2 for a family.....town and community organizations will stand behind such an event and donate time people and even sometimes money.

If you need a worthy cause......look into "The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund"... This an organization that helps the family of our injured heroes be close to their marines when they need their family most! Most families don't have the financial ability to leave their homes and jobs for weeks or months at a time so they can be by their bedside during their next challenge. Paula and I are dedicated to this worthy cause and we will do whatever it takes to inform the public that not all our heroes need to be thought about in a past tence.

Just an idea I'd thought I'd share!
There's no lack of worthy causes in the world.....If and when we ever get some positive cash flow events, Then we can worry about what to do with the $. The other half of the deal for car shows is the volunteer labor and most in the club currently are not willing to give their time to this cause. Until this situation changes.....We wont have big judged formal car shows.

RSS

© 2024   Created by R Sorak.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service